Step by Step Instructions
- Install BIC on the local drive of one of the PCs. Install BIC on your local machine (not on the network drive).
The Windows logged in user must have enough rights to install
software on their local machine. If not, please consult your network administrator or IT department.
- Make sure your PC has access to your network. Create a new, empty folder (say, BICData) on the disk drive of one of the PCs/Servers on the network that is visible to all prospective BIC users.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure all BIC users have READ and WRITE permissions to this folder.
- Create a new BIC database in the shared folder you created above by choosing File | New Database...menu in BIC.
- Note the location of the database by choosing View | Help Center menu in BIC.
- Install BIC on the LOCAL drives of all of the other network PCs that need to access the inventory database.
- From each PC, open the database in the shared folder (step 4 above) by choosing the File | Open Database... menu in BIC.
With this setup, multiple users can access inventory data anonymously from the shared network drive from their PCs.
Basic Inventory Control Online makes it easier!
We also offer an Online version of Basic Inventory Control that is Internet-accessible. With Basic Inventory Control Online you do not
need to install the software on your premises and your data is securely stored in the Cloud. Each user has a unique login and specified permissions.